Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Yeah .. That's Right .. I'm 50 !!

Photobucket

.... And as traumatizing as I *thought* that might be .. it's been pretty nice. :D

I woke up to the lovely sound of rain spattering against my bedroom window .. though that might put some people in an off mood .. it's a sound I just LOVE .. so soothing and relaxing that I snuggled cozily into my blankets to listen to it for a bit.

Soon after hearing me shuffling about in my bed .. MC's new li'l tiny tot came in and curled up into my arms for her morning cuddle .. and there is nothing quite so utterly pleasing than running your fingers through the silky softness of a contentedly purring ball of fluff.

I was greeted when I made my way downstairs to a big warm smile and close hug from my best friend .. who had arrived while I was in the shower LOL .. a pot of tea steeped and ready to go .. a few beautiful gifts from her and MC .. and a sinfully decadent chocolate cheesecake for my birthday cake .. mounded with chocolate mousse .. on a dark crunchy chocolate base .. drizzled with dark chocolate and decorated with shaved dark chocolate bits and slivered almonds that MC had gotten for me. O_O

Truly the brunch of champions. :D

After chatting a while .. off to a long leisurely lunch and a cozy chat with my best friend. I have had something wonderful developing in my life the past few months .. and she's back from her 'adventure' .. so we had LOTS to talk about .. but I'll get to her in another post. ;)

Among the lot of great birthday wishes today from family and friends spread far and wide .. I got a sweet birthday message from Rex Havoc on my phone's answering machine .. so sorry I missed his call .. and as a birthday gift dear ShadowCats gave me a mini-pet raptor in GW that I am delighted with .. :D. And my 75 year old father called me .. and had such a funny conversation with him .. I do love him so dearly. A few nice birthday wishes on a couple of forums .. one from my dear friend Tyr on my Yahoo which was a lovely surprise .. and a few hours spent curled up chatting with someone quite special to me. :)

I got a couple of nice compliments .. our waitress told me that I didn't look old enough to have children old enough to have kids .. much less old enough to be a gramma .. which was VERY nice to hear .. and she got a nice tip. :D

And was later told that I was a MILF .. which I had to look up O_o .. but .. actually I really found quite flattering .. but I told him he needed to change the M to a G - for Gramma instead of Mother.. which he was quite fine with too. LOLOL :D

Must be the fact that my hair is STILL mostly my natural brown color with only a few grey strands in it that are unceremoniously yanked the second I notice them .. and being .. erm .. fluffy .. yeah .. that's it .. I'm "fluffy" .. sort of keeps facial lines at bay .. and gives me a slight boost into still looking younger than I really am. That and good genetics .. my whole family is like this .. none of us ever look as old as we actually are. :D

In all I'd have to say I had a nice 'birthing' into my next decade .. which has sort of eased any trauma that turning 50 might have had. Truly I have been blessed with the best .. most loving .. of people in my life and I look forward to seeing what developes in this new phase of my life. :)

Oh .. and I am SO seriously looking into taking up that whole "MILF" thingy offer .. *blush* ;)

6 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oohhhhh so the cake was NOT a lie!!!!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Cierdwyn said...

I would SO not lie about cake .. :)~

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

As long as it doesn't have geo synthetic membranes and resin in it, you have my attention. ;)

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger BAD said...

Happy (belated) birthdei Cier!!!!

YOu have a bunch of wishes on SLackers too, but I bet you knew that. ;)

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Cierdwyn said...

Awww Bad that's so sweet .. thank you so much .. I'm headed on over there in a few minutes .. and I'll post if it takes all day .. :D

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello!,I love your writing so a lot! share we keep up a correspondence extra approximately
your article on AOL? I require an expert on this area to resolve
my problem. Maybe that is you! Having a look ahead to look you.


Also visit my webpage; car insurance quotation

 

Post a Comment

<< Home