Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Like A Moth To The Flame ... O_o

... I wind up drawn back to a quick look at the Uru forums .. I'm thinking I need my head seriously examined, too.

I wound up back there this time .. sucked back by this whole wedding thing .. one thing leads to another and I've read a coupla dozen threads and am ready to kill someone. O_O

What is WITH some of those people anyway ?!

The volume of sheer BS threads is astonishing. The avid Cyan boosters are utterly wetting themselves with delight .. and thread after useless thread .. thrashing the re-re-re-rebirth of Uru as the culmination of their faith is disturbing .. to say the least.

One thread .. addressing to a degree the way ANYONE who dared to express discontent in the past has been treated .. seems to have gone oddly awry .. started by someone who I used to think was a relatively nice young man .. but who became one of the meanest posters on both the MOUL and the DRC forums .. berating and belittling ANY who didn't express faithful devotion to Cyan/Uru. It was shameful behavior and totally inexcusable to treat other fans of the game with anything less then respect. The concerns were valid .. they were valuable .. and deserved better. I remember how badly Pad was treated when they left .. and they're really a very nice person who had the temerity to express doubts and that maybe they were gonna give up and leave .. unleashing a torrent of hatefulness that effectively drove them out of Uru for good. Along with a good many others who simply faded away unable to deal with the despicable treatment that somehow seemed to escape the mod-bat on MOUL forums. Something I wonder about .. a lot.

Among the usual raft of defensive posts .. I think quite possibly THE most insulting post in that thread has been one by Sophia .. who has certainly done more than her fair share of shutting people up .. and dismissing anyone who dares to utter discontent .. who seems to be suggesting that it's a bit of an affront to consider all people/fans? as equals .. judging by her use of *shudder*. Quoted from this post .. "
It implies that everyone *shudders* is equal."

Now .. have I read this wrong ? .. I've gone over it a few times now and it reads the same every time .. I know she is among the most very strident of the Cyan-walks-on-water group .. but truly .. that is one of the most insultingly belittling responses I've ever seen. And is a hallmark of the attitude that has caused so many to leave .. and you can be quite sure .. many will NOT be back anytime soon unless something vital happens to change the way things are done.

With Uru being resurrected yet one .. more .. time .. oh wait .. that's MORE time O_o .. the movers and shakers are coming outta the woodwork as there is now a piece of the pie to be grabbed .. yet .. again.

Which .. before I forget .. brings me to a point on why I think they suddenly did this .. I believe they've had the rights all along .. based on a lot of different things that have been posted .. and I think they've done this now .. at this time .. because "Dickens" has posted his public domain guidelines to setting up shards and clients for all the world to see .. and .. rather then take the chance on losing rights to IP that is now tossed into the public domain .. they had to take a stand NOW or run the risk of losing in a knifefight later. Just my feeling .. but .. I'd wager I'm right on the mark with that. ;)

I've seen what goes on with some of these "guilds" .. and Cyan had better get their shit together and keep control of them .. else they will wind up with a shitstorm such as the GoG has degenerated into. I have a lot of friends from there .. and a good many have left .. and told me quite a few things that have gone on precipitating their departures .. so I know what I'm talking about here. ;)

At one time .. before Prologue died .. the Greeters were a product of Cyan .. created and controlled by them .. I refer you to this post by Tijara .. I have taken a screen shot .. just in case it now suddenly disappears .. cuz you know how those things can happen. ;)

I personally believe that THAT is the ONLY way this will ever come close to working .. otherwise you are gonna have a degeneration and blowing apart of what's left of this community that will .. one would think .. sound that final bell and be done with it.

Far too many egos .. all clamoring to have that all important "in" with Cyan .. I can't go it .. no more rounds on the forum .. no more reading the BS till I want to throttle sense into that lot .. I'm one of those who will not likely be back .. I won't say "never" because .. absolutes have a way of coming back to bite you in the ass .. but from my current space .. not bloody likely. Unless something drastically and fundamentally changes with how things are run .. um NO.

I have little desire to be under the thumb of self-appointed .. forumwise or gamewise .. overly puffed up with their sense of self-importance .. Grand High Poohbah's of Guild This-n-That .. in a make believe online world. The Eleri's and the Martens and the Sophia's oh my .. all elbowing their way past everyone else to fit snuggly against Cyan's hinderend so that they can faux speak for Cyan .. and toss the names about giving the illusion of their importance by association ?? .. no effin' way .. kthnxbai.

3 Comments:

At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... I wind up drawn back to a quick look at the Uru forums .. I'm thinking I need my head seriously examined, too.

No, you don't need your head examined, usually when people go cross some sort of disaster, that's the usual reaction. They feel drawn to it because they want to see what happened, or what will, happen.

In order for Uru to work, everyone must conform to Cyantology. And we must support and agree with Cyan on everything they decide to do, and ridicule anyone who disagrees with them on any issue so we can keep Cyan safe, that is unless Cyan thinks someone in the community has a good idea and runs with it, then we'll just forget all about ridiculing those people with those ideas and start agreeing with them, I mean, if Cyan came up with it then it has to be good!

PRAISE RAND!!!!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Cierdwyn said...

Hey there :)

After spending weeks at a time away from those forums it becomes quite a jolt to the senses when I do go back because they truly are SO toxic that you don't fully appreciate how bad it really is until you have been away.

I've come to believe that it's less Cyan's active (because most certainly they have NOT been involved with anything resembling a guiding hand) involvement that's caused the community problems to be as bad as they are .. as it is Cyan's passive involvement.

Seeming at the least blind to various community members behaviors .. they at the worst seem gently to encourage it .. by letting the adoring throngs speak for them .. toss assumptions, guesses and speculations about so long that they become gospel versions of some twisted "truth". Generally with not so much as a shred of proof to go on .. or anything from Cyan to say one way or the other to set the bastardized truth straight.

I truly believe this is a mess fully of their making .. and they need to step up to the plate and take responsibility for that .. and .. if this is ever gonna stand any sort of chance of being a grand venture .. they NEED to lay out the ground rules .. with these guilds answerable to them .. else that lot is gonna eat each other alive in their bids to be the grand authority in Uruville.

It is the group of rabidly avid fans .. worshiping all things Cyan/Uru that has created this cult-like appearance .. that goes WAAAYYY beyond Kool-Aid drinking O_o .. and their resultant behaviors of driving out any who dare to question or dissent or *gasp* complain .. HOW DARE THEY !! .. that make the community look like a bunch of freakin' nuts !!

Cyan passively sitting by while this goes on is the sole reason that that group exists with the strength that they do. Them and ONLY them.

On .. and lest I appear to be "criticizing" .. erm .. PRAISE RAND AND THE CYAN COLORED GLASSES HIS FANS VIEW THE WORLD FROM!!!

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative.

I'm going to watch out for brussels. I'll be grateful if you continue this in future.
Many people will be benefited from your writing.
Cheers!

Here is my website ... cheap auto insurance tn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home