Tuesday, April 01, 2008

There Are MANY Reasons Why I Love Guild Wars ...

... and this is just ONE of them .. :D

Today is April Fools Day .. and Guild Wars has done something special and fun the past 2 that I have been playing it. Last year .. they did a gender swap. If you had a female avvie .. you were the male version in a major outpost .. if you were a male avvie .. you were a female version in an outpost. It was utterly hilarious .. and I just could not get used to seeing what my Cierdwyn Of Myst would look like as a male .. I would SO not choose blond cornrows .. O_o

This year .. they had something new planned for us. LOL
I would love to have been around the brainstorming table when this years little gem was being tossed around .. oh my .. hope they had a hoot while sorting it out !! :D

Keeping in mind that this is what my avvie usually looks like .. on with the show. ;)

I arrived in the MaD Guild Hall to discover that my avvie had lost some considerable weight in the day since I had last seen her. O_O

Everywhere I went it was the SAME thing .. such as in Kamadan .. and Kaineng City .. and on into Lions Arch !! More and more avvies all seeming to be affected by the same "graphical bug" that I had !!

I rushed outside the gate at Lions Arch .. and it was STILL with me .. O_O .. which was really COOL .. as last year the effect ONLY appeared while in one of the major outposts .. once you left one of those areas .. it was gone until you returned. :\

To check even further .. Madcat .. you can see her standing just over my shoulder in the picture .. ;) and I re-fought a previous mission only to discover that we appeared this way even IN the cutscene !! O_o

I completed several quests that had been in my questlog for a while .. ones that are not part of the primary quest sequence .. so I had them unfinished even though I have completed all campaigns and the expansion. They were .. the 'Battle of Turai's Procession' .. and 'The Troubled Keeper' .. followed by 'Invasion From Within' .. all successfully completed with my avvie looking like .. "that" the entire time. LOLOL :D

It wasn't until I helped a guildmate with a dungeon .. that I had an "accident" .. and wound up looking like a reversed police "chalk line" .. O_o .. lying helplessly on the ground. ROFL

Finally .. at the end of a long, rewarding afternoon of slaying critters .. I spent some fun time unwinding in an alliance members guild with a good few friends .. posing for pictures .. and aren't we just the cutest things ?? :P

You know .. I just LOVE that there are ALWAYS special things to do in Guild Wars .. beyond the normal gameplay and storyline .. that are fun AND that accomodate both those who enjoy the PvP aspect .. or those of us who prefer the PvE play. Sometimes it's yearly events such as the Dragon Festival .. or small events that are thrown EVERY weekend .. such as the St. Patrick's special drops .. or a double points event for the PvPer's .. but it's generally a fun and/or interesting thing that can be soloed or shared with others if you like. It is one of those things that just keeps me going back in so often .. and still happily having a great time after over a year. :)

I hope you enjoyed my little picture show .. I am headed back in .. there are still a few things I need to finish up in the Desolation .. and I really want my questlog cleared .. I should be back to my usual look today .. pity .. was a blast playing with that "other" look. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home