Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hello .. My Name Is .....

... Sherry .. and I "might" be a Sims addict .. O_o

It all started just over 8 years ago .. when I happened upon some online ads for a new game coming out for the computer .. and I was instantly hooked .. combing the internet for screenshots and previews .. whatever I could find.

Over the next 3 years, I bought the first game that came out .. then the next 7 expansions .. that's right 7 !! .. and kept the 8 boxes neatly piled on the corner of my desk .. because .. the computer I had was an old 486 that they could NOT even be played on !! O_O

In January of 2003 .. they released a version of the Sims for the Playstation .. and thank God .. as at last I was able to indulge the desire to play .. though .. truth be told .. all it did was fan the flames to play that ever growing pile of games on my desk even more.

Eventually .. in December of 2003 .. just a scant 9 months before the release of The Sims 2 .. I FINALLY got the computer of my dreams .. set about the long process of installing all 8 of the Sims games that I had been holding in "reserve" .. and began to play in ernest. Hours flew by .. disappearing as moments .. time I will NEVER get back by the way .. but I don't care .. it was great .. and I was happy !!

Then .. one day while looking for tips and cheats .. *oh hush ... :P* .. I discovered The Sims Resource
.. *bows head in a moment of reverent silence* .. a place where I could now download extra content and recolors for my games. Wait .. what ?!? .. we can DO this ?? O_O

New hairstyles and colors .. clothing and furniture .. wall covers and floors .. everything I could want .. and plenty I had never even thought of O_o .. in a rainbow of colors .. and unique custom made designs .. was mine .. aaaalllll mine .... and my various GameData folders grew to many megs in size .. never had my Sims lived in such luxurious digs .. and looked so fine. :D

On top of that .. I began experimenting with my own recolors of clothing and items .. and my GameData folders grew ever larger .. till it was hundreds of megs in size.

All the while I was keeping a careful watch out for all screenies and previews that I could find in anticipation of The Sims 2 release.

Then .. at loooong last .. The Sims 2 was released later in 2004 .. and .. naturally .. that was instantly installed to my computer .. as have been the ALL of the subsequent content packs and expansions .. up to and including the most recent .. and final XP .. of The Sims 2 series .. Free Time.

Over these 8 years .. I have joined countless content sites .. and at a few .. such as The Sims Resource .. I have full paid accounts .. as that is the ONLY way to get to the massive content on those sites :D .. and my Downloads folders into which I load my custom content is now 4 Gigs in size .. yes .. you read that right .. 4 Gigs .. and my game takes in the neighborhood of 20 .. ish .. minutes to even load now. O_O

I have re-textured many items myself .. hundreds of clothing items .. and created oodles of paintings and other items that have all been added to my Downloads folder .. and created many many houses and other buildings. And let's not forget the handful of CD's I have containing the downloaded content that I've saved .. and NEVER installed .. 'cuz .. well .. you know .. I just "might" want some of those things one day .. maybe .. O_o

They've announced the creation of The Sims 3 .. due out "sometime" in 2009 !!! I'm nearly giddy with anticipation .. combing various sites for any scrap of info .. a screenie .. anything .. and .. already I'm thinking it *may* be time for a new compy to accommodate all 3 .. yeah I know .. but .. I STILL play the first one :D .. and can't see me giving up the second one either once the new one comes out
as I often invest HOURS of rabid play into that li'l experience. With that in mind .. I've begun to suspect that there "may" be the ever-so-slight "possibility" that I'm "too" into the Sims .. so I've come here for help .. just to find out .. if maybe .. possibly .. I might kinda be .. okay .. fine .. I AM !! O_o

So .. I say again .. hello .. my name is Sherry .. and Thank God .. erm .. I mean .. God help me .. I AM a Sims addict .. :D

1 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's an awesome piece of writing for all the web users; they will take advantage from it I am sure.

Here is my webpage ... find me a cheap car

 

Post a Comment

<< Home