Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cuteness Overload in .. 3 .. 2 .. 1 ..

I have been very fortunate in my life with many things. The most important of all of those things has been my girls .. Leslie and Lisa ( who most know as MC lol ). There have never been words to express how very important and dear to me they are .. but their arrivals were the 2 happiest .. most important days in my life. They have both grown into the loveliest .. sweetest young women that make their mother proud in all ways. :)

One of the wonderful things that happens is that as they grow older .. you sort of get an idea of how you did as a parent as they move on into their own lives .. adults in their own right and making their way into the world. But .. one of the hardest things that comes with that is them moving away to do that. All you can do is pray that your relationship with them remains strong no matter time nor distance .. and watch them soar on their own.

With my oldest daughter Leslie .. she met a really dear young man online .. and at the "ripe" ol' age of 18 flew the nest .. all the way to Scotland .. to begin their life together. Easily .. the most difficult thing I have EVER done is make that trek to the airport .. and watch her pass through those gates and disappear onto the plane that spirited her away. I clung to her with all I had .. a floodgate of tears bursting free that I could hold back no longer .. and through sobs .. told her simply to be happy .. as that really is all I could want for her .. no matter where she may find herself.

As all things do of course .. everything settled into it's new order .. my fears and tears relaxed .. Glen is a lovely young man who we are quite fond of .. and we found ourselves stepping into the next delightful phase .. GRANDCHILDREN !! :D

She and her husband have blessed us with 4 of the dearest little grandchildren. I have met the oldest one twice .. and not yet met the younger 3 .. but that is something that I WILL be rectifying come this April-ish. Oh heck yes .. and I cannot wait !!

There are so many times I wish I were closer to them .. I miss her .. them .. so much .. but love for ones children is as strong a force as there ever could be. For a long time I wondered how my grandmother in Ontario .. that I rarely was able to see .. could still always love me so much as she did .. we were so far away .. but I know now how strong that love is .. you simply do with all you have in you .. and I understand fully now that there isn't a distance far enough that could diminish the love I have for my grandchildren. :)

My daughter has recently started a Facebook page and has begun posting pictures of the children in albums there .. O_O .. you cannot imagine my delight. :D

Though I speak often of them .. to anyone who will listen :D .. I have never shown any pictures .. so .. with her permission .. I introduce Leslie .. her dear husband Glen .. and my grand babies Megan ( the oldest ) .. Caitlin ( the 'middle' child who will never be lost there ;) ) .. and Aidan and Lewis ( the twins ).

Leslie - so beautiful .. yes? :)

Leslie


Glen with Megan - he is just such a good daddy :)

Glen And Megan


Megan and Caitlin .. tooo sweet

Photobucket


Caitlin with Ritzy

Photobucket


Aidan and Lewis - utterly adorable !!

Aidan And Lewis

Aidan And Lewis

Aidan And Lewis


Megan and Caitlin ... and "friend"

Megan, Caitlin and "friend"


Caitlin and Megan

Caitlin And Megan


Leslie .. with her very capable hands quite full

Leslie With Her Hands Full


Everyone having fun

Everyone Having Fun


My sweet darlin's - says it all :)

The 4 Angels


In typical gramma fashion I *could* have kept going btw .. as I have hundreds of pictures of them .. but .. showing remarkable strength I'm pacin' myself. ;)

2 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cute grandchildren!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Cierdwyn said...

Awww thanks Tomala .. I'm really looking forward to snuggling them and getting to know them all so much better. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home