Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"If You Can Mark An X ...

You Are MY Kind of People!" ... Jerry Boyle of the NSF (Newfoundland Separation Federation) - aka Greg Thomey of 'This Hour Has 22 Minutes'. ( I have been trying to find a picture of this character .. IF I ever do I'll post it )

We have an election here in Canada today. I'm pleased to say that MC voted for her very first time .. and the only advice she was given in the weeks leading up to the election was to pay attention to the leader of each party .. what they say and how they carry themselves .. and vote for who SHE thought *might* make the best Prime Minister.

Failing that .. vote for whoever you feel will be the lesser of the evils. LOL :D

Her response after she'd slipped her ballot into the box .. "that was it? ... sheesh ... that's easy enough." LOLOL

We take our right to vote very seriously here in Canada .. we show up in droves for each election .. with 70-ish% voter turnout .. most times anyway .. and I am kinda proud of that. :)

I personally prefer minority governments .. means whoever is in charge HAS to find a way to work with the other parties in order to get things done .. making compromises isn't usually a bad thing .. and I think in most respects serves our country better .. though I'm SURE there would be others who would disagree with that. ;)

As I've told .. erm .. anyone who'd listen .. if you don't take the time to at least cast your vote .. then you forfeit your right to bitch and moan if you don't like what's happening in government. And don't give me that tired old argument "well *my* vote isn't gonna matter anyway" crap .. if 10,000 of you in the same area cop that attitude .. think for a moment the difference those voices COULD have made had you chosen to use them. Or .. a million voices across the country .. think of the difference those could make. Hmmmmm ..... ;)

Get on out there .. and let your voice be heard .. change won't happen if you sit at home and let others voices be heard and not yours. We live in a country that allows us the priviledge .. the RIGHT .. to have something resembling a say in who sits in our governing houses .. take advantage of it. :)

And .. hoping for the best doesn't hurt either. ;)

3 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats to MC!!! I'll also be casting my first vote (for president) when our big election comes up too.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Cierdwyn said...

Oh good for you !! :D

You will reserve your spot in the queue to flay either side alive if they get outta line. Best of luck down there. ;)

We wound up with a minority government this election .. which I prefer .. and slightly lower people to the polls .. most likely due to the fact that the pissin' contest between the 2 major parties has FORCED us into 3 major elections in the past 4 or so years .. and people are getting tired of it. :\

Oh .. and I SO didn't vote for that arrogant moron that is our PM. :D

He publicly stated that he viewed Nova Scotians as lazy .. I know a LOT of people who work in labor intensive industries .. they are FAR from lazy. He'll never get my vote .. mind you .. neither will "Harvey Milquetoaste" his main opponent .. *snerk*

I really DO vote for who I genuinely think would do the best job .. I am so NOT "party" oriented .. and trust me .. IMNSHO the "best" man SO did NOT get the job. ;)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not a party person either. I vote for who I want to vote for. This year I think my vote goes to the Magical Unity Pony.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home