Thursday, June 01, 2006

Funny How Things Turn Out Sometimes

You know .. it really is funny how things can turn out sometimes. On Thursday I smacked up my car .. rear-ended some poor woman who's intent to turn eluded my thinking processes. lol

Now .. you would think I would be so very upset about that .. and to be honest .. at the time I WAS upset about it .. a lot !! I had my daughter, in the car with me and she was mildly hurt .. from the explosion of the airbag deploying and punching her in the chest and from the glass that she was full of .. not to forget a terror that must remain from when she was hit by a car a few years ago. That bothered me the most, I think. The other lady was just fine .. she was pacing like a caged animal on the sidewalk and screaming at someone on the other end of her cellphone. As for me .. apart from a twisted elbow, knee and ankle .. that happened AFTER I got out of the car and it started to roll back a bit .. sort of caught me off balance .. I'm okay too .. :)

My husbands stony silence at the emergency room didn't afford much comfort .. I had smashed up HIS car you know. Actually, it was originally purchased for me .. to be MY car .. but .. it wound up in his name .. was HIS .. and I knew this.

They wrote off that lovely emerald green Lumina that I loved so much .. NOT because of the damage from the vehicle collision .. but because of the fact that the airbags deployed .. O_o. It was fixable .. we had it looked at .. but the insurance said NO .. they would only have considered that if the airbags had not deployed as they, alone, are at least $3000 to replace. O_O

It just so happened that my very dear sister had her car for sale .. a beautiful maroon Intrepid .. which we did purchase from her. Somehow .. through a moment of synchronistic grace .. and in order to take advantage of a program that allows you to NOT pay taxes if the car is gifted to an immediate family member .. she offered to sign the car over to me !! So .. at the registration bureau .. it got registered in MY name !!! :D He's not said much .. he was there .. did make a few "suggestions" to have it in both our names .. but .. THAT would go against the rules .. and could NOT be done that way. So .. with his willingness to save the money .. the car got signed into my name ONLY .. and it will be left that way .. as it is .. as there is NO way I'm changing anything. :D

It's mine .. in MY name .. might be nothing big for the rest of you .. but is HUGE for me !! For the first time in nearly 20 years I have a car again that is actually mine !! You know .. it really is funny how things turn out sometimes .. I'd just remarked on that in an earlier post and how it's been part of my demoralization .. and now .. with one quick *smack* into another persons car .. that's all been changed. This is a big forward step back UP the slippery slope for me .. adding to my growing sense of self .. :)

Makes me wonder what else that I've mentioned .. could mention .. might also change in a flash for even more forward motion .... lol :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home