Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Of New Things ...

We got that new age we've been promised for a while now. It's called Eder Delin .. sort of a perpetual twilight Eder Kemo .. and quite beautiful in it's own way.

It has a new, intriguing puzzle that I've been working at .. ooooohhhhhh .. I DO love my puzzles. :D

I've got the symbols sorted out .. which goes with what cloth .. but .. I've been disappointed to discover that it's NOT designed to do on my own .. leaving me robbed of getting that rush that only comes with getting the reward for figuring the puzzles out .. and earning that successful payoff. :(

Seems that a lot of others are disappointed too .. and I don't blame them. It's not that I don't mind working with others .. it's fun too .. in it's way .. but just not the same feeling of satisfaction I get from doing it ALL myself.

I spent a LONG time the first night .. with my Greeter friends .. helping to try to get the timing down for this thing .. what a royal pain .. btw. Me'thinks a few tweaks might be in order .. with dealing with the BUGS at the top of the list here. O_o We never got it .. at least not while I was there .. and we all worked hard and seemed a couple of the others were quite discouraged by it all.

The next night I joined them again .. determined to make it through the door .. and .. after a couple of more hours .. we made it !! A group of us made a beeline through .. before it slid back up and shut .. and got the 'donut half' as our reward .. O_o .. LOLOL

I went right back to that Delin and stuck around in case a few didn't make it .. which a couple didn't .. so we completed the puzzle a couple of more times and got a couple of other small groups through the door. Myself, I don't know about this .. I can see it being a HUGE problem getting a group together in a month or so .. maybe sooner even .. and lots of people NOT being able to do this puzzle. I really HOPE they make it doable by a single person. I LIKE doing my puzzles myself. Take that gear/power puzzle in Gahreesen for example .. sure .. it's a LOT faster and easier with someone standing on that pressure grid .. but .. it is still doable by timing your moves on and off of that same spot. I was elated .. when that quick pan up to watch the gears engage occurred .. after all my careful trips back and forth !! And even in Teledahn .. so easy to do that bucket ride with someone else there to flip the lever AFTER you climb in .. but still .. quite doable by yourself. :)

I've watched others getting trounced by those who like it 'their' way ingame .. screaming their defenses of the group way. But .. to be fair to everyone .. it shouldn't be an issue for this puzzle to be played either way. Those who like the group aspect .. I say 'have at it .. and have fun .. in *your* way' .. all I ask is that you say the same to those who would like to have a shot at it on their own. :)

We're all (mostly) grown ups here .. sure would be nice if we could all act that way .. and be supportive of each other here .. in this game we all love so much. It is the one thing that keeps me out of those forums .. except for a rare posting .. too many people far too happy to beat on anyone who has an opposing opinion. Now THAT 'fix' is one that is badly needed .. and one I'm behind 100 %. Because I'd like to see us ALL enjoying Uru .. the game AND the forums. I used to have a blast on the Ubi forums .. so many nice people .. all helpful and fun. It'd be nice to see that flourish in the Cyan forums now too. Here's hoping .. :)

2 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you.

rw.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Cierdwyn said...

rw. Really nice to see you again. :)

I think the trick is to stay away from the forums as much as possible .. keep to only your trusted friends ingame .. and leave the rest to eat their young. LOLOL

Hope to see you ingame,

Cier :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home