Friday, January 12, 2007

At Last .. :D

You know .. I sorta' forgot about this .. shows how devoted I'll be to posting the inner workings of my mind for all the world to see. LOL

So .. let's play a little catch up here. :)

We had a great Christmas. I got some beautiful gifts .. from people who know what I love the most. My daughter went to my favorite antique china shop and got me a half a dozen beautiful pieces that shows that she knows her mama well. She has a good eye for the 'shiny' things that I love .. got me a crystal vase last year that is just the most beautiful thing .. and .. for a little special added touch .. filled it with gold wrapped expensive chocolates !! Only drawback is .. NOW .. I'll be needing a new china cabinet to display them in .. as the 2 buffet hutches that I have are now full to capacity .. LOL :D My best friend also gave me a miniature porcelain china tea set .. that sits on a matching porcelain tray .. just exquisite .. and also now needing a permanent home for display.

My favorite gift, though, was the loveliest set of earrings with matching necklace .. square cut rainbow topaz and set in gold .. VERY nice .. :D .. Also from someone who knows me well. :)

We also decided to have a go at satellite internet. Chose the second company that made it available in the area and had it installed right before Christmas. O_O .. oh WOW .. my first download with speeds over 200 kB/s ... I nearly fainted .. when it slid dangerously close to 300 kB/s .. I nearly wet myself .. lololol Pretty cool if .. prior to that .. you got excited when the speed strayed occasionally up over 3.0 kB/s . :D

Armed with this .. I decided to give GameTap a shot. HA .. I say 'decided' like I mulled it over for a week or something .. I was signed up 10 minutes after buddy the installer left the yard !! GameTap had no issue with my satellite broadband and was happy to accept my money. I downloaded and installed their client .. then .. downloaded and installed the Uru Live Beta client as well .. with not so much as a hiccup. And then .. I was IN !! :D .. Even got to be there as 'Cierdwyn' .. I had been a teensy bit worried that someone .. amongst the fast growing crowd .. might have snagged my name .. but they did not .. so I was a happy camper. MC also got signed up .. I set up a separate sub account for her .. and we've been in and out a bunch of times since then.

I even managed to get myself a super tricked out hood too .. without even trying .. :D I've got the clock .. the lanterns around the clock area .. and in the light garden .. a bunch of mushrooms in the light garden .. and the 'bud' shaped lights in my hood .. pretty nice !! :D And it will NOT let me make it public .. lolol .. oh .. well .. /shrug

There are a few new things .. but mostly it's the same old game I've done more times than I can remember. I used to joke that I'd run the cleft so many times that I was going to start wearing a blindfold just to make it challenging again .. but I would have missed a little new thing if I'd done that this time .. ;) It's even buggier then I remember too .. with me being unable to complete Gahreesen on my own .. some bug some people get that blocks them from accessing the gear room through the rotating crack .. NOT related to satellite broadband .. so they told me .. but you CAN work around it with the help of those with stable Gahreesens.

Unfortunately, I wound up with the relto fissure bug too at the end .. which has brought my game to a dead stop. I ticketed it all .. and was told they are ALL known bugs in their bug database .. and that they are 'working' on them. After nearly 2 weeks of fruitlessly pitching my avvie in the fissure .. only to have her wind up standing in her relto hut .. I even got ahold of an ingame ResEng .. who .. though VERY nice .. told me there was really nothing he could do .. but that they WERE working on the relto fix ASAP .. as even HE had the relto fissure too .. lolol So .. for now .. I just wait .. fingers crossed .. that they get a working fix for this .. or .. keep tossing the avvie in the hole .. with the hope that I catch the petty fissure gods asleep .. and I wind up in the desert where I have an appointment for tea with Yeesha. :D

There IS supposed to be a new mini age .. a garden age similar to Eder Kemo .. being released soon .. so that will be especially nice for those of us who have been around here for the past several years .. and I'm really looking forward to it. You know .. it's nice being back in Uru .. one that's alive with so many .. and .. even nicer to be running into friends from Until Uru .. and getting snippets of the storyline that is supposed to accompany it all. I hope to even be online when some of it's happening too .. :D

Myst Online: Uru Live KI # 475530 - Cierdwyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home